Benefits of Mud:
- Mud therapy is refreshing, invigorating, and vitalizing.
- Mud therapy provides coolness as well as absorbs toxic substances from the body.
- When mud pack applied over the body for 20-30 minutes, gives reliefs from indigestion, effective in decreasing intestinal heat and stimulates peristalsis.
- Mud being a black colour absorbs all the colours of the Sun and conveys to the body.
- A thick mud pack applied to head in congestive headache relieves the pain immediately. Application of the pack over the eyes is effective for conjunctivitis, hemorrhages in the eyeball, itching, short sight and long sight.
- When soaked mud is applied on the face and allowed to dry for 30 minutes, helps to improve skin complexion, removing pimples, eliminate dark circles around eyes and open skin pores.
- Mud bath helps to improve the skin condition by increasing the circulation and energizing the skin tissues.
- For wounds and skin diseases, application of mud is the natural and true bandage.
Mud is used successfully for diseases like constipation, headache, high blood pressure, skin diseases etc.
- The mud should be taken from 6 ft or more in depth from the surface of the ground to avoid contamination of chemicals, stones, debris, etc.